Hi all! I put myself to the task of creating some Grimm inspired cocktails and with that made a trip to the local package store (that’s “liquor store” for you non-Nutmeggers) and started browsing the selection of nip bottles to purchase and experiment with. My eye was immediately drawn to two jewel-like bottles standing out among the rest of the nondescript wee bottles lining the shelves. One was light blue and the other, a very light green. Hpnotiq and Ty Ku liqueurs, the sales clerk informed me. Hpnotiq is a blend of premium French vodka, exotic fruit juices and a touch of cognac (ooh, la, la!). The Ty Ku line of Asian sake and spirits, it turns out, touts itself as being the “wiser way to drink”, 100% all-natural and free of gluten, sulfites and tannins. Best of all, naturally low in calories. Yay!
My first three drinks incorporate one or the other. Here are the results:
Have you had a “bad couple of weeks”? This clean and simple drink is exactly what you need to let it all “slide, slide, slide” away:
The Forward Ho (giggle)
- 2 ounces Ty Ku Liqueur
- 6 ounces sparkling water
- Lime wedge
- Fill high ball glass with ice.
- Add liqueur and sparkling water.
- Stir and garnish with lime.
Next up is the signature shot of The Grimm Generation; layered and rich, with many dimensions of flavor:
Blue Eyed & Black Hearted Shooter
- ½ ounce blue curacao
- ½ ounce Hypnotic Liqueur
- ½ ounce Jaegermeister
- Add the blue curacao and Hpnotic liqueur to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a shot glass.
- Pour the Jaegermeister over the back of a spoon atop the blue mixture to create a second layer.
It wasn’t the heat. It was the humidity that inspired this next concoction. I opened up the fridge and peered in. The watermelon made my mouth water, it looked so refreshing. I grabbed it and remembered that I had a nip bottle of Hpnotiq in my freezer. Well…why wouldn’t I? Sublime.
Well, Why Wouldn’t You? Watermelon Delight
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1-2 ounces Hypnotic Liqueur
- 2 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Place watermelon in a dessert cup.
- Pour chilled liqueur over watermelon.
- Garnish with mint.